The EmcienPatterns VM makes a web request to a licensing server via cURL. In some networks, all cURL requests are proxied. The below directions allow a user to configure the EmcienPatterns VM to create license requests through a proxy. This configuration does not affect their host computer in anyway.
1. Install the EmcienPatterns VM
2. Log into the EmcienPatterns VM operating system with the system user
3. Set the proxy configuration:
sudo vi /etc/environment
To the file, add HTTP_PROXY=”<proxy-address>:<proxy-port>"
<proxy-address> is the IP or hostname for the proxy server
<proxy-port> is the port number for the proxy server
4. Restart the EmcienPatterns VM
sudo shutdown r now
5. Once the EmcienPatterns VM is started, sign in and upload the EmcienPatterns License
6. To later edit the proxy configuration, log into the EmcienPatterns VM operating system and edit the configuration file:
sudo vi /home/emcien-vm/http_proxy