Solve the product complexity problem to drive profit, reduce costs
Product mix is the single biggest driver of material cost, inventory, and sales velocity. Yet, the lack of visibility into features and options as well as customer-buying trends typically leads to poor demand planning and slow response time, increasing the overall cost to serve the customer. When manufacturing organizations are disconnected from actual customer buying patterns, volatility erupts across the entire enterprise, negatively impacting profit AND revenue.
Product Proliferation stems from a lack of pattern-based granular analysis of customer buying habits and organization disconnect. Who’s buying what, with which, where? What parts, options, features, components, configurations are needed to meet this demand? Without this insight on a granular level, you don’t have the answers you need.
- What real-world connections are hidden in your data?
- Would the ability to predict trends in product choice combinations positively impact your product strategies?
EmcienMix delivers visibility into your data, enabling sales and operations to get a real-time read on customer buying patterns. This insight enables the organization to satisfy customer demand without increasing costs.
EmcienMix allows companies to:
- Listen to the market.
- Understand what customers are buying.
- Align sales, product management, operation, and supply chain based on product offerings that will meet majority of customers demand.
- Communicate accurate production requirements throughout the supply chain.
- Give customers what they want.
- Deliver the highest profits to the organization.
Too many choices overwhelm both the seller and buyer (customer), reduce sales productivity, and create create costly product proliferation.
- Is your company struggling to optimize their product mix while accounting for alternate feature choices, customer trade-offs and the economics of profitability?
- Is product feature proliferation reducing your company’s sales productivity and overwhelming your customers?
The Optimizer solves these problems by empowering companies to optimize their product offerings while serving their customers and delivering the highest profits to the business.
- Set product development strategy more accurately based on precise analytics.
- Make guesstimates a thing of the past.
- Dramatically improve product mix.
- Increase sales efficiency.
- Gain profitability.
The Customer Impact view runs a simulation to model selected product configuration optimization scenarios against historical customer data. This data shows the impact on customer orders, answering questions such as:
- How will these optimal product mix ‘What-If’ scenarios impact your customer base?
- What are the best choices that I should standardize on?
- What are the most popular choices that I should bundle?
Color codes quickly demonstrate whether the optimal product configuration will meet each customer’s needs. If too many large customers’ needs are not met, then you know it’s time to adjust the criteria using the Product Configuration Optimization feature.
- Maintain market share by aligning a new product mix to the market.
- Minimize delivery cost.
- Significantly increase margins.
Track trends across various features, feature groups and the entire product line.
The Trends feature enables you to:
- Compare option movement.
- Identify replacement options.
- Determine when to sunset a specific option based on sinking sales trends.
- Standardize specific product option based on spiking sales trends.
- Improve inventory forecasting.
- Reduce lead times.
- Realize significant cost-savings by avoiding expediting parts and eliminating over-stock.
EmcienMix analyzes your sales data to reveal product options that customers are buying by market segment and model.
A single dashboard view reports the following:
- Up-to-date metrics.
- Trending buying patterns.
- Recent order configurations.
- Overall production direction.
- Gain visibility into KPIs on one dashboard.
- Easily convert each graph into configurable, down-loadable, meeting-ready reports.
EmcienMatch is a product module that works hand-in-hand with EmcienMix to optimize product configurations.
Shape demand, optimize inventory, reduce lead-times and increase sales productivity based on the optimized product configurations delivered by EmcienMix
- Does your sales team react to customer demand? Or do they guide, shape and control it?
- Would you like to guide customers to the most profitable products based on actual buying patterns and their own preferences?
EmcienMatch leverages optimized product configurations from EmcienMix in order to recommend product configurations that are more likely to be selected, ensuring customer satisfaction.
EmcienMatch connects the delivery chain to customer demand, increasing the sales velocity of the entire organization. This guided selling approach empowers experienced and inexperienced salespeople alike, improving sales efficiency and increasing sales.
Shape Demand – Don’t React to It: Guided Selling makes it easier for customers to get the products they need
Salespeople can guide customers more quickly and seamlessly to the configurations that offer the best blend of features, lead-times and prices for their needs.
Dynamically disable and enable configurations on-the-fly
Proactively guiding customers to choices can help push over-stocked items.
For example, if a customer does not specify a choice preference, sales can point the customer toward overstock items. At the same time, if a particular part is out-of-stock, the guided selling process actively recommends the best available alternate choice.
Guided selling avoids:
- Lost sales.
- Longer lead times.
- Expediting costs.
People are Talking
Emcien’s patented pattern-detection platform represents a significant breakthrough in data analytics solutions – specifically designed to handle the volume, velocity and variety of Big Data. Emcien’s powerful algorithms are designed to overcome the limitations of legacy BI and database tools. Read more about the technology >>