A Team-Based, Collaborative Organization
How we work at Emcien sets us apart. With a team of talented, experienced and curious individuals, we work together to develop and refine industry-leading pattern-based analytics solutions. Our open environment invites collaboration, encourages professional development, and results in superior technology solutions. If you have a passion for technology, a collaborative approach to work and a commitment to excellence, check out the job postings below. We’d like to hear from you!
Smart People. Smart Solutions. We work hard at maximizing individual potential while maintaining a commitment to excellence – in a collegial environment. We really do work hard and play hard. We take breaks to play pool in the developer’s suite daily, enjoy catered lunches, attend company outings to experience local restaurants and even indulge in company Bocce Ball tournaments. No on-site massages or company chef, but camaraderie is pro bono.
- Candidate will be responsible to develop and close new business.
- Meet quarterly and annual quota objectives of $2M (achieved through 5-8 New accounts).
- Maximize all sales opportunities to increase deal size. Penetrate new accounts calling on senior-level executives.
- Forecast accurately based upon realistic opportunity assessments.
- Work with an Inside team to maximize penetration into territory.
- Keep up-to-date knowledge of the industry as well as the competitive positioning of Emcien.
Hunter position for prospecting, building pipeline, managing multiple complex sales processes simultaneously, forecasting accurately and closing new business. Tasks include:
- Identifying qualified leads and establishing new accounts.
- Managing the complete sales cycle, negotiating and closing sales.
- Articulate value proposition during sales cycle to senior business leaders like the C-level executives, VP analytcis, VP Marketing, VP Operations, etc. based on strong business acumen. Quickly grasp and convey key value of advanced analytics and P&L benefit concepts that are the core of our solution.
Desired Skills & Experience
To apply, please send us:
- Must have 4 years of successful enterprise sales experience along with a strong verifiable history of quota attainment required.
- Must have a background in selling enterprise software or SAAS applications.
- Consultative selling approach for business applications to purchasing professionals (3-6 month sales cycle).
- Sales exprience in selling Business Intelligence (BI), analytics, data based solutions is a big plus.
- Sales experience selling to retail, finance, insurance, healthcare and banking.
- Must have sold 10+ new accounts in enterprise software markets.
- Must have experience in a small company environment.
- Ability to drive value proposition to senior-level & business and technical buyers from the purchasing dept of Medium to Large enterprises (Revenue $500Mn to $5Bn).
- Self motivated, self starter that has ability to creatively think and get deals done.
- The position will require at least 25% travel.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Must be based in Atlanta (Emcien will not relocate).
Emcien is offering a very attractive compensation package with unlimited earning potential and equity.
For consideration please send your resume with sales quota for last 3 years.
Emcien develops four products based on a patented pattern-detection engine. Using the discrete mathmatical concept of sparse matrix graphs, these applications solve problems in manufacturing, retail, and law enforcement. This approach, plus big data sets, create challenging problems for our Software Engineers.
We are looking for more developers to join our team. If you mastered the concepts behind web development and have experience dealing with the web stack, Emcien is willing to train you in Ruby on Rails. This position is an excellent opportunity for anyone who wants to make the transition from Java, .NET, Python, Php, or oCaml. If you are an experienced Rails engineer, Emcien presents some unique and challenging problems to solve.
Since we are a small, delta-force team of developers, each team member dives into a variety of code. Although you do not have to be an expert in each of these areas, this position will expose you to CoffeeScript, MySql, Amazon RDS, SASS, HAML, Backbone.js, and several other technologies. This means that your skills will advance with the latest ideas and innovations in web development.
This position also includes the ability to do independent research and prototyping for new ideas and technologies to be used in future releases. Pride of ownership is something we promote in the engineering group of Emcien and self-directed research and prototyping is one way we support that.
Skills & Requirements
- Experience designing and building complex software systems
- Experience with a dynamic language (Python or Ruby preferred)
- Experience with a web framework such as Rails, Django, Pylons, CakePHP, CodeIgniter, Express.js, etc.
- Experience with the unix command-line tools (beyond ‘ls’ and ‘cd’)
- Basic understanding of relational databases
Nice to Have:
- Experience with with Ruby on Rails
- Understanding of testing methodologies
- Experience with Amazon AWS – we use EC2, S3, and RDS extensively
- Experience with (or interest in) CouchDB, Redis, and other data storage systems
- Experience using git for source control
- Familiarity with basic functional programming techniques
To apply, please send us:
- Your resume
- A list of any open-source projects you have contributed to, and the name under which you contributed
- Either of the following:
- Your answers to the Developer Test located here: emcien.com/dev-test
- Public repositories of projects written *largely by you* attempting to solve some real problem
- Emcien does not sponsor any Visas
- All Web Developers must work out of our Atlanta Headquarters